[Ocfs2-users] O2CB_HEARTBEAT_THRESHOLD won't take changes

Tao Ma tao.ma at oracle.com
Mon May 31 16:30:27 PDT 2010

Hi Elliott,
Elliott Perrin wrote:

> Hello All,
>

> I have multiple OCFS2 clusters on SLES10 SP2 running Xen. We needed to
> increase the O2CB_HEARTBEAT_THRESHOLD from 31 up to 61 and did so
> successfully on 2 of our 3 clusters.
>

> However on one of the three clusters we are not able to change the
> value. The /etc/sysconfig/o2cb file contains 61 as the threshold after
> reconfiguring via /etc/init.d/o2cb configure, we reconfigure all 3
> nodes at the same time after unmounting the volume and stopping ocfs2
> and o2cb on all nodes in the cluster but on restart the value is reset
> to 31. We have even gone so far as to change the default value in the
> /etc/init.d/o2cb script from 31 to 61 thinking that must be where the
> setting of 31 is coming from and even then, the value is set back to
> 31. Oh, and yes, we have rebooted with the new values in both the
> /etc/sysconfig/o2cb config and with our change of the default value in
> /etc/init.d/o2cb with no luck.

I would deem that you said that
/sys/kernel/config/cluster/ocfs2/heartbeat/dead_threshold can't be set
to 61, right?
You said even with restart, the heartbeat threadshold is still 31? That
would be too strange.
So could you please do the following steps:
1. /etc/init.d/o2cb offline
this will make the cluster offline. Please make sure you didn't see
anything in /sys/kernel/config/cluster/.
2.  grep HEARTBEAT /etc/sysconfig/o2cb and paste here so that we know
the configuration file has been changed.
3. strace /etc/init.d/o2cb online and attach the output here. let's see
what's going on.
4. cat /sys/kernel/config/cluster/ocfs2/heartbeat/dead_threshold to see
the new value.

Regards,
Tao