[Ocfs2-users] fsck.ocfs2 using huge amount of memory?

Ulf Zimmermann ulf at openlane.com
Thu May 20 18:00:19 PDT 2010

We are setting up 2 new EL5 U4 machines to replace our current database servers running our demo environment. We use 3Par SANs and their snap clone options. The current production system we snap  clone from is EL4 U5 with ocfs2 1.2.9, the new servers have ocfs2 1.4.3 installed. Part of the refresh process is to run fsck.ocfs2 on the volume to recover, but right now as I am trying to run it on our 700GB volume it shows a virtual memory size of 21.9GB, resident of 10GB and it is killing the machine with swapping (24GB physical memory).

Can anyone enlighten what is going on?

Ulf.