[Ocfs2-users] Extending an existing OCFS2 volume

McKinley, Reid RMckinley at tiaa-cref.org
Thu May 13 18:18:17 PDT 2010

Hello All,

I have a small OCFS2 (version 1.4) mount point.  It is one 27 GB LUN.

I asked our sysadmin to extend this mount point with another 27 GB LUN.

He told me that he would need to do this offline.  Then, he later came
back and told me he could not extend this, but would need to have a
bigger LUN.

I have 2 questions:

1. I thought you could dynamically grow an OCFS2 mount point in 1.4?  Is
this true, can you dynamically grow the mount point online?

2. Can you have multiple LUNs (disk devices) assigned to the same OCFS2
mount point?

I'm not sure if this helps, but here is the mount:

/dev/mapper/mpath1 on /u03 type ocfs2
(rw,_netdev,datavolume,nointr,heartbeat=local)

Thanks in advance,

Reid McKinley

This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and then delete it.

TIAA-CREF