[Ocfs2-users] Any alternative to LVM?

João Peixoto joao.hartimer at gmail.com
Thu May 13 04:33:45 PDT 2010

I've seen documentation already regarding both distributed filesystems
and OCFS2 in particular.
I found that LVM is not supported, or better yet, not certified by OCFS2.

Since in my use case scenario I'm using a SAN storage, LVM seems the
easiest choice to allow a graceful growth of a certain mount point,
for instance, by adding a LUN to the volume group, etc.

Also, in my use case, the operating system in use is SLES 10 SP3,
which does not have officially the CLVM alternative (as far as i know
shipped with SLES 11 only).
Is there a way to have an OCFS2 file system that can gracefully grow
using LUNs in the same/similar way that LVM allows?

Best regards
João Peixoto