[Ocfs2-users] ocfs2-tools 1.6

Sunil Mushran sunil.mushran at oracle.com
Tue May 11 10:14:49 PDT 2010

On 05/10/2010 11:53 PM, Stefan Priebe - allied internet ag wrote:
> Do you mean the trunk at all?
> http://oss.oracle.com/git/?p=ocfs2-tools.git;a=summary

Yes.

>>> 2.) Is there a release date for 1.6?
>>>
>> We are planning to do a beta release for el6. No dates as yet.
>> Ping Novell for dates for sles.
>>
> So you will release a 1.6 version when novel releses sles? Or do you
> mean i should use sles or their package?

OCFS2 is not only a kernel component but also targeted for use in the
data centers. So its release is tied heavily to the enterprise linux
releases.
Specifically, (RH)EL and SLES. Meaning the next release of OCFS2
will match the next release of (RH)EL and SLES.

> Is there a list of available features? In the HEAD version of tunefs
> manual i couldn't find things like directory tree index and so on.

mkfs.ocfs2 man page. We update this manpage whenever we activate
a feature in the tools.