[Ocfs2-users] Disk access hang

Gabriele Alberti gabriele.alberti at pg.infn.it
Wed Mar 10 02:22:34 PST 2010

Hello,
I have a weird behavior in my ocfs2 cluster. I have few nodes
accessing a shared device, and everything works fine as long as one
node crashes for whatever reason. When this happens, the ocfs2
filesystem hangs and it seems impossible to access it until I dont
bring down all the nodes but one. I have a (commented) log of what
happened few nights ago, when a node shut itself down because of a fan
failure. In order to avoid uncontrolled re-joins to the cluster my
nodes stay off when they go off for a reason.

The log is available at http://pastebin.com/gDg577hH

Is this the expected behavior? I thought when one node fails, the rest
of the world should go on working after the timeout (I used default
values for timeouts).

Here are my versions

# modinfo ocfs2
filename:       /lib/modules/2.6.28.9/kernel/fs/ocfs2/ocfs2.ko
author:         Oracle
license:        GPL
version:        1.5.0
vermagic:       2.6.28.9 SMP mod_unload modversions PENTIUM4 4KSTACKS
depends:        jbd2,ocfs2_stackglue,ocfs2_nodemanager
srcversion:     FEA8BA1FCC9D61DAAF32077

Best regards,

G.