[Ocfs2-users] support xattr, quota on RHEL5 of OCFS2 1.4

Elia Pinto andronicus.spiros at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 09:23:38 PST 2010

Hi

I'd like to know if OCFS2 1.4 on RHEL5 with the REDHAT latest kernel
supports disk quotas, the xattr and acl. I could have done something wrong
but only the acl seem to work.

Apparently instead on FC12, where support is enabled in the kernel itself

 OCFS grep / boot / config *
CONFIG_OCFS2_FS = m
CONFIG_OCFS2_FS_O2CB = m
CONFIG_OCFS2_FS_USERSPACE_CLUSTER = m
# CONFIG_OCFS2_FS_STATS is not set
# CONFIG_OCFS2_DEBUG_MASKLOG is not set
# CONFIG_OCFS2_DEBUG_FS is not set
CONFIG_OCFS2_FS_POSIX_ACL = y

at least the attr (5) does not appear to work
mount
dev/loop0 on / tmp/ocfs2 type ocfs2 (rw, user_xattr, acl, heartbeat = none)

cd / tmp/ocfs2
touch xx
setfattr-n security.selinux-v unconfined_u: object_r: user_tmp_t: s0 xx
setfattr: xx: Operation not supported

Thanks in advance