[Ocfs2-users] Info on Version Upgrade

Martin Eddy meddy at techlinkentertainment.com
Wed Jun 16 08:02:19 PDT 2010

I hope this question can be posted here, if not I do apologize.

I have inherited a Production system running at a client site. It is a
RAC system 2 cluster node presently running on an HP EVA 8000 with

    * Oracle 10.2.0.3
    * Redhat 4.5 Kernel 2.6.9-55(updates to 4.8 kernel remains at 2.6.9-55)
    * OCFS2
          o OCFS2-tools-1.2.7-1.e14.i386
          o OCFS2console-1.2.7-e14.i386
          o OCFS2-2.6.9-55.ELsmp-1.2.8-2.e14.i386
    * ASM
          o oracelasm-support-2.0.3-1.i386
          o oracleasm-2.6.9-55.ELsmp-2.0.3-1.i386
          o oracleasmlib-2.0.2-1.i386

There was a kernel crash on the weekend and I suspect a request will be
to update the kernel. There has been talks around upgrading Oracle to
10.2.0.4 for some time but the client has not been willing to move on
it. I am looking for some professional insight on what can be upgraded
vs what should  be upgraded, just doing the OCFS2 and ASM vs both these
as well as the RDBMS. Also the HBA drivers would need to be upgraded.
Any info or opinions would be greatly appreciated.
Any additional info needed please do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks
******

--
*martin eddy* 	t 	902.562.6031  x150
DBA ANALYST 	f 	902.562.9882

	e 	meddy at techlinkentertainment.com
www.techlinkentertainment.com <http://www.techlinkentertainment.com>
This email, including any attachments, is confidential and intended only
for the person or persons to whom it is addressed. If you received this
email in error, please notify the sender immediately by email and delete
it from your system. Any unauthorized disclosure, use or dissemination,
either whole or partial, is prohibited.