[Ocfs2-users] Adding node with storage to existing ocfs2 FS?

Joel Becker Joel.Becker at oracle.com
Sun Jun 13 13:24:08 PDT 2010

On Sun, Jun 13, 2010 at 04:12:03PM -0400, Jeffrey Layton wrote:
> I hate to be a total noob but I've been experimenting and I'm a bit stuck.
> I've got a node with a couple of 500GB drives that I've used to create a
> logical volume. I formatted the LV with ocfs2 and mounted it and things
> look correct so far.
<snip>
> Now I want to take a second node that has some internal storage and
> add the storage to the ocfs2 pool. Here's where I struggle. Are the basic
> steps the following?

	ocfs2 is a shared-storage cluster filesystem.  The disks need to
be connected to all nodes that want to share them.  ocfs2 does not
share internal disks over the network by itself.

Joel

--

"Heav'n hath no rage like love to hatred turn'd, nor Hell a fury,
 like a woman scorn'd."

Joel Becker
Principal Software Developer
Oracle