[Ocfs2-users] partition offset/alignment on SAN devices.

Enrique Sanchez esanchezvela.redhatcluster at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 10:18:30 PDT 2010

Hey folks,

I've been getting requests from the users that they want the OCFS2
filesystems aligned to 64k boundaries, however, when I began the
project, the dummy of me, created the OCFS2 filesystem on top of the
whole disk device (no partition) for example, one of the SAN devices
would show up as /dev/dm-10, I created the filesystem using the
following command:

mkfs.ocfs2 -L SOMELABEL /dev/dm-10

is this supported, am I safe or did I just shoot myself in the foot,
mouth & brain?

thank you,
Enrique.

--