[Ocfs2-users] Help tracing

Angelo McComis angelo at mccomis.com
Thu Jan 21 11:56:33 PST 2010

Sunil/All

I recently came to understand through the help on this list how to
stabilize my fencing problem. Read back through list archives this
month for what I mean by that.

My concern now is that I have two possible fixes to my issue. (a)
using datavolume,nointr,noatime for mounting my ocfs2 volumes and (b)
raising the heartbeat threshold from 31 up to 61 or others I've seen
have it as high as 76.

I have an IBM SVC storage environment and my storage folks show me
graphs from their side showing no operation round trip from my side
taking longer than 20msec on a bad day.  I contrast this against
occasional scsi errors in netconsole logs and evidence of heartbeat
timeout fencing.

I've looked at trace output from debugfs.ocfs2 -l HEARTBEAT allow, and
all that seems to show is the 2sec hb flowing in the logs.

What should I be looking at to pinpoint and find the definitive set of
tweaks that I need to push out?

Thanks. And thanks to everyone on the list who makes this the valuable
resource that it is.

--
- Angelo