[Ocfs2-users] Slow on open()

Somsak Sriprayoonsakul somsaks at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 23:15:18 PST 2010

We conducted some more tests on the SAN.

It turn out that this slow behavior only occur during the high load. Please
note that the machine is experience very high load average (50-400, we have
8 cores). Is it possible that OCFS2 server threads slowness can make the
system call stall?

We are aware of this high load problem, and we are planning to expand the
system to have more www servers in the backend. What we fear is that the
same problem will occur, or may even worse, if more servers are in the pool.