[Ocfs2-users] Fencing options

Ulf Zimmermann ulf at openlane.com
Wed Jan 13 10:01:18 PST 2010

There is a network and a disk heartbeat afik. The timeouts are controlled via /etc/sysconfig/o2cb
(On RedHat at least, not sure if Suse follows the same way). In there you have:

  # O2CB_ENABELED: 'true' means to load the driver on boot.
  O2CB_ENABLED=true

  # O2CB_BOOTCLUSTER: If not empty, the name of a cluster to start.
  O2CB_BOOTCLUSTER=dbtest

  # O2CB_HEARTBEAT_THRESHOLD: Iterations before a node is considered dead.
  O2CB_HEARTBEAT_THRESHOLD=76

  # O2CB_IDLE_TIMEOUT_MS: Time in ms before a network connection is considered dead.
  O2CB_IDLE_TIMEOUT_MS=30000

  # O2CB_KEEPALIVE_DELAY_MS: Max time in ms before a keepalive packet is sent
  O2CB_KEEPALIVE_DELAY_MS=2000

  # O2CB_RECONNECT_DELAY_MS: Min time in ms between connection attempts
  O2CB_RECONNECT_DELAY_MS=2000

The above values is what we use on our clusters, we got three 2-node, one 4-node and one 6-node cluster.
These are all running RedHat EL4 on HP hardware (DL360 g4, g5 or DL380 g5).