[Ocfs2-users] renaming a OCFS2 cluster

Werner Flamme werner.flamme at ufz.de
Wed Feb 24 01:31:15 PST 2010

Hi everyone,

another problem I did not find a solution for...

I ran "o2cb configure" and configured a cluster named "ocfs2". Lazy me,
I did not invent a new name.

Now this cluster must be renamed to avoid confusion, the name has to
change to "sapcluster".

I changed /etc/ocfs2/cluster.conf to the new name and ran "o2cb
configure" again, but to no avail:
- ---snip---
# rco2cb configure

Configuring the O2CB driver.

This will configure the on-boot properties of the O2CB driver.
The following questions will determine whether the driver is loaded on
boot.  The current values will be shown in brackets ('[]').  Hitting
<ENTER> without typing an answer will keep that current value.  Ctrl-C
will abort.

Load O2CB driver on boot (y/n) [y]:
Cluster to start on boot (Enter "none" to clear) [sapcluster]:
Writing O2CB configuration: OK
Mounting configfs filesystem at /config: OK
Mounting ocfs2_dlmfs filesystem at /dlm: OK
Starting cluster sapcluster: Failed
o2cb_ctl: Memory allocation failed while setting cluster name
Stopping cluster sapcluster: OK
- ---pins---

I can mount the volume, but in /config/cluster, I still see only the old
cluster "ocfs2", though /etc/ocfs2/cluster.conf and
/etc/sysconfig/cluster both contain the cluster name "sapcluster" (on
all nodes, but it is currently mounted on only one node).

BTW, I cannot modify cluster.conf by ocfs2console though I start it as
root, but I have no problems modifying this file via any editor. I'm
running SLES9-SP4 on the boxes, btw., and have the following packages
installed:
ocfs2-tools-1.2.1-4.2
ocfs2console-1.2.1-4.2

Will it help to download and install the newest OCFS2 packages from the
website?

Regards,
Werner