[Ocfs2-users] Unreported temporary file corruption

Nuno Tavares nuno.tavares at dri.pt
Tue Feb 23 12:14:46 PST 2010

Hello again,

I'm sorry to insist on this matter, but I'm wondering if this message
went through unnoticed or if I said something absurd (?). I find strange
nobody had nothing to say.

> * I now have knowledge of corrupted files, and I don't even know how
> many there is. I just know they are as much or more than those 'file'
> detected. Some of the files whose inodes fsck.ocfs2 tried to clone
> belong to the supra time period, and this suggests there were some kind
> of mess going on that the cluster wrote different files parts on the
> same blocks.. what could have caused this, and how do I avoid happening
> again?
>
> * Show I turn on tracing for a particular bit? Which one?
>
> * How can I monitor OCFS2 health on a running cluster?

I also find strange what mounted.ocfs2 reports:
[root at server01 ~]# mounted.ocfs2 -f
Device                FS     Nodes
/dev/sdc1             ocfs2  Unknown, server01

The output is consistent to server02's.

I'd really like to hear your thoughts on this.

--
Nuno Tavares
DRI, Consultoria Informática