[Ocfs2-users] 2.6.33-rc8 bug fixes -> 2.6.32

Sunil Mushran sunil.mushran at oracle.com
Fri Feb 12 18:11:26 PST 2010

Brad Plant wrote:
> I noticed that there were a lot of bug fixes in 2.6.33-rc8. Just wondering if any of these are also applicable to 2.6.32 and if they'll be merged into the long term stable branch?
>
> If there are no 2.6.32 merge plans, are any of the 2.6.33 commits beneficial to 2.6.32 and safe to manually patch onto 2.6.32?

We have only pushed bug fixes in 2.6.33. So most of the patches
should apply as-is in 2.6.32.

No, we are not planning to apply these to 2.6.32. None of the bugs
were reported by users. We typically backport patches only if we
get reports of users hitting an issue.

Difficult to say whether you will benefit from the fixes. We have
described the fix in each patch and provided a link to the bugzilla
if one was filed. See if you are even using that feature.