[Ocfs2-users] Compiling ocfs2-tools-1.6.3 on slackware64-13.1

Joel Becker Joel.Becker at oracle.com
Wed Dec 1 21:18:31 PST 2010

On Wed, Dec 01, 2010 at 02:15:24AM +0000, pica pica wrote:
> Any clues as to what could be wrong?

	What is breaking is that libcom_err only has a dynamic object,
so it dynamically references sem_init, etc.  When the linker tries to
resolve that, it can't find it.  Adding -lpthread directly specifies the
location of sem_init.  This all is not necessary when runtime linking is
used (ld.so).  Thus, we know you are getting a static build.
	Something about your build environment is causing a static
build.  Does Slackware have a build-everything-static mode?  The compile
line does not have -static, so I'm guessing it is in your toolchain.

> Would the las 2 flags not force a dynamic build?

	They force ocfs2-tools to build dynamically, ie, without
-static.  If your toolchain is doing something underneath, our configure
script can't fix that.

Joel

--

"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work; I want to
 achieve immortality through not dying."

Joel Becker
Senior Development Manager
Oracle