[Ocfs2-users] Problem OCFS2/Stack pcmk

Alain.Moulle Alain.Moulle at bull.net
Wed Aug 18 06:36:57 PDT 2010

Hi,

On RHEL6 :
I'm configuring OCFS2 under Pacemaker, and it requires to
use the *Stack pcmk* instead of the Stack o2cb.
Once I successfully start the clone-dlm and clone-o2cb under Pacemaker
on both nodes,
I launched some test loops of concurrent access writing on a shared LUN,
just a cp -R of files to a LUN, but same files and same LUN on
both nodes.
The result is :
On node1 , it successfully writes the files and loops a few minutes
but on node2, even the first cp -R remains stalled ...
until I stop the loop on node1 and just after the loop on node 2
works fine ...

And when I do the same test but without interrupting the loop on
node1, so the loop on node2 remains stalled at first iteration, but
after a few minutes, the loop on node1 gets also stalled ! And so
the write are definitively stalled on both nodes ...
so it seems there is a lock management problem ?

Note that exactly  the same tests with ocfs2 started in a "standard way"
(with Stack o2cb) are working fine with each node writing in parallel
on same shared LUN.

Is this an already known problem ?

*By the way,* *is there a documentation somewhere* where I could
get information about *pcmk* *stack versus o2cb stack* ? the "why"
of both stacks, and why it is mandatory to use pcmk stack when
configuring ocfs2 under Pacemaker ?

Thanks
Regards
Alain