[Ocfs2-users] Hardware error or ocfs2 error?

Marco bozzolan at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 05:23:19 PDT 2010

> Can't tell if you have the same problem as I can't remember the
> kernel error messages, but I remember that was very weird as sometimes
> works perfect and sometimes the board wasn't even detected.

 We had a lot of problems with firmware up to 4.03.02 and modules
shipped with kernels up to 2.6.18. They were mainly SCSI and I/O
errors and under high loads, never happened that the board wasn't
detected.

> Can you tell more about your environment?

 Sure. Details follow:

Debian Lenny amd64
Kernel 2.6.32-bpo.3-amd64 from backports

QLogic Fibre Channel HBA Driver: 8.03.01-k6
QLogic QLE2460 - PCI-Express Single Channel 4Gb Fibre Channel HBA
ISP2432: PCIe (2.5GT/s x4) @ 0000:01:00.0 hdma-,host#=1, fw=4.04.05
(482)

ocfs2 version 1.5.0 (from modinfo and dmesg)
ocfs2-tools 1.6.0 (git commit de50bf25701e8af08aea3664d5982b993ddc7433)
ocfs2 quota active

~4Tb volume mounted from a SAN available via FC adapters and switch,
managed through multipath with path_grouping_policy = 'failover'.

 Do you see any software, driver or firmware version that gave you
problems?

Thank you for the suggestions,
Best regards