[Ocfs2-users] Problem after upgrade to 1.4.7-1 (Bad magic number in superblock while opening context for device)

Marcus Alves Grando marcus.grando at terra.com.br
Tue Apr 20 08:36:21 PDT 2010

Hello Guys,

After upgrade to 1.4.7-1 my FS does not mount anymore. Just after
upgrade rpm, FS mount and works fine, but after reboot server, it does
not work anymore.

FS are created with ocfs2-1.4.4 and ocfs2-tools-1.4.3-1. If I downgrade
to old version doesn't work too.

Messages when trying to mount with new version:

# mount /d01
mount.ocfs2: Device name specified was not found while opening device
LABEL=020017B000
# fsck.ocfs2 -n /dev/mapper/mpath3p1
fsck.ocfs2 1.4.4
fsck.ocfs2: Bad magic number in superblock while opening
"/dev/mapper/mpath3p1"

If you need more info, please let me know. I think it's easy to reproduce.

Best regards

--
Marcus Alves Grando
Suporte Engenharia Latam - Terra Networks Brasil S/A

Qual é a sua Terra?