[Ocfs2-users] Recommended settings for mkfs.ocfs2

Andrew Robert Nicols andrew.nicols at luns.net.uk
Mon Apr 19 02:06:32 PDT 2010

I'm planning to deploy a new data store using a pair of servers running
Debian Lenny and using DRBD to replicate data between them.

My intention is to use ocfs2 as the file system on these so that we can
operate in a dual primary mode.

The raid device I'm using gives 15TB of usable space and, having had a
brief look through the ocfs2-users archive, I see that in January an issue
with space left on device was fixed, but this isn't available in the stock
Lenny kernel yet (2.6.26).

From the notes on the bug, I see that altering the number of slots on the
file system can help to alleviate the issue, but what are the
recommendations on what mkfs.ocfs2 options work best.

I've already created the file system with 2 node slots, but I see from
comment #13 that Sunil recommends against adding slots. I am free to
re-create the file system if need be.

To summarise:
* 2 Node cluster
* 15TB storage
* ocfs2-tools version 1.4.1
* 2.6.26 kernel

Any advice would be gratefully received,

Andrew Nicols

--
Systems Developer

e: andrew.nicols at luns.net.uk
im: a.nicols at jabber.lancs.ac.uk
t: +44 (0)1524 5 10147

Lancaster University Network Services is a limited company registered in
England and Wales. Registered number: 04311892. Registered office:
University House, Lancaster University, Lancaster, LA1 4YW