[Ocfs2-users] Ftp server... single file seems locked

Jason Price japrice at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 13:02:23 PDT 2010

Following the issue in bugtraq, we're guessing that the issue is
buried in the 'double locking' that OCFS2 does with it's sendfile
implementation.

I've disabled the use of sendfile within proftpd as a temporary measure.

However, I'm concerned about something else... The same problem
cropped up on the second host, which I had failed over to after this
morning.  I had left the first node up so we could do further
debugging/information gathering.  However, when I attempted to reboot
the node where the problem first occurred, the second node ALSO
decided to reboot.

Why did the other node in the cluster go down?

--Jason