[Ocfs2-users] CDSL .vs. Bind mounts?

John McNulty johnmcn1 at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 22 14:15:07 PDT 2009

I'm puzzled.  Coming from a Tru64/TruCluster background I know CDSL's
well, but have never used bind mounts.  From reading about them it
looks to me like:

     a CDSL = [one] file that points to [many] files, but
     a bind mount = [many] mount points that originate from [one]

Not only is the one to many relationship of a bind mount the opposite
of a CDSL, but it's not possible to replace  [for example] a CDSL
like /etc/application.conf by mounting something on top of it.

How is this supposed to work?

Rgds,

John