[Ocfs2-users] Mounting multiple ocfs2-volumes and disk heartbeat

Pickel, Gerd - Betax-Systems GmbH (IT) Gerd.Pickel at betax-systems.de
Mon Sep 14 02:27:18 PDT 2009

Hi,

at the moment we run a two node cluster on SLES10 SP2 and OCFS2 1.4 with a Sun StorageTek 2540FC as shared disk.
For performance reasons we plan to add a second storage device. As we only use the first FC-port of each node,  we thought
we can use the second FC-port (of each node) to connect to the additional storage.
Now two question came up:

1. is this a reasonable configuration?
2. where does the disk heartbeat go to (to first device or to second device)?

Thanks,
Gerd

Gerd Pickel
Systemadministration