[Ocfs2-users] ocfs2 and really strange freeze

Thu Oct 22 00:22:47 PDT 2009

Hi all,

I'm experiencing really strange behaviuor with ocfs2 1.4.4 on red hat 5.3, I updated from ocfs2 1.2 some times ago,  I launched tunefs.ocfs2 to enable the new ocfs2 features (sparse files and unwritten extents), but I stopped it after two days because I need my system back to production.

Since then the system works for about 18-36 hours and then one node continue two work ok while the other node is unable to complete write operations, the logs says nothing and ocfs doesn't exclude the hanging node from the cluster. A reboot of the hanging node solve the issue

any hints?

Nicola