[Ocfs2-users] Multiple LUNs and ocfs2

Mihail Daskalov mdaskalov at technologica.com
Wed Oct 21 01:24:41 PDT 2009

Hi,
I would recommend you to check Oracle VM 2.2 as it have the capabilities to
use directly multipath block devices,
and assign them to guest VMs. This way you could bypass ocfs2.
Anyway if you MUST provide 6*100 G to you guest VM, you must either have
6*100 virtual disks as OCFS2 files, or have 6*100 logical volumes in the
host environment (which is not recommended because the LVM is not cluster
aware yet in OVM), or 6*100G partitions from a single SAN LUN, or 6*100G
different SAN luns.
After you provide 6*100G block devices to you guest VM, I would use ASM if I
want a database on them...

HTH,

Mihail Daskalov, Technology Manager
Software Development, TechnoLogica