[Ocfs2-users] MySQL fails with tablespace on OCFS2

Peter P GMX Prometheus001 at gmx.net
Thu Oct 1 03:10:24 PDT 2009

Hello Sunil,

thanks for the hints about xattr and security. It is solved now.
The reason was, that apparmor was running with a restricted mysqld profile.
/etc/apparmor.d/usr.sbin.mysqld

For those who read the mailing list:
    $ apparmor_status
        apparmor module is loaded.
        1 profiles are loaded.
        1 profiles are in enforce mode.
           /usr/sbin/mysqld
        0 profiles are in compl
Mysqld was in enforced mode which means that access was prohibited to
the newly created directories on hte ocfs2 share.

Turning off apparmor by init script made mysql running.

So I enhanced the apparmor profile
    /etc/apparmor.d/usr.sbin.mysqld
and added the direcories I had on the ocsfs share. Now it works with
apparmor running.

Thank you for your support and best regards
Peter