[Ocfs2-users] Ask for backport reflink feature of the ocfs2 to the sles11

Wen.Tian tyd126723 at huawei.com
Wed Nov 25 17:32:30 PST 2009

Hellow, everyone

I'm from HuaWei, China. We are looking for the candidate of virtualization platform among several vendors. Learned from Oracle people, the latest version of ocfs2 has integrated reflink feature which was commited to the the linux 2.6.32 kernel.  But as we know, the sles11 integrated the linux 2.6.27 kernle, so the relink feature is not avaiable on the sles11 platform.

We heared that the suse people plan to backport the latest ocfs2 into the sles11. Is there any more detaied information about that? Any response is appreciated.

Thanks