[Ocfs2-users] Space used on file system although empty.

Guy wyldfury at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 09:05:49 PST 2009

Hi Sunil,

2009/11/13 Sunil Mushran <sunil.mushran at oracle.com>

> OCFS2 has dynamic inode allocators. Meaning it does not allocate space for
> inodes during
> format but does so during runtime. However, once space has been carved out
> for inodes, it
> is not reclaimed back for data. So your bonnie++ run must have created a
> lot of files.
> That space will be reused when new files are created in the fs. You can
> look at the system
> directory using debugfs.ocfs2 to confirm my theory.

Can you tell me how I'd get that particular bit of information from
debugfs.ocfs2? I'm afraid I'm not very familiar with it and the man page
isn't enlightening me at this point.

Is there also a way I could calculate roughly how much space will go to this
based on the number of existing files on the current mailstore?

Thanks
Guy

--
Don't just do something...sit there!