[Ocfs2-users] 2 node OCFS2 clusters

Thompson, Mark Mark.Thompson at uk.experian.com
Mon Nov 16 07:53:56 PST 2009

Hi Srini,

Thanks for the response.

So are the following statements correct:

If I stop the networking on node 1, node 0 will continue to allow OCFS2
filesystems to work and not reboot itself.

If I stop the networking on node 0, node 1 (now being the lowest node?)
will continue to allow OCFS2 filesystems to work and not reboot itself.

I guess I just need to know if it's possible to have a 2 node OCFS2
cluster that will cope with either one of the nodes dying, and have the
remaining node still provide service.

Regards,

Mark