[Ocfs2-users] OCFS2 mount points will not automatically mount onboot

Charlie Sharkey charlie.sharkey at bustech.com
Wed May 20 10:32:15 PDT 2009

Check the status of the multipath demon:   multipathd  status
I have seen a problem where the demon would die after starting. I
believe there is
an update to multipath tools to fix this (at lease for Suse there is).

You should be mounting by label rather that /dev/dm-x. Label the drives
and then
use: LABEL=mylabel  in the fstab file. The relationship between dm-x and
any particular
is not persistent between boots. In other words, dm-2 may be the oragrid
volume next time.

I have seen another problem.  After mounting by label the 'mount'
command shows the drives
mounting as /dev/sdx rather than a multipathed device. You may have to
delay the multipath
demon at boot time for things to settle. Adding a 'sleep 5' to the
appropriate startup script
will usually fix it.

good luck,

cs