[Ocfs2-users] [Fwd: Re: Unable to fix corrupt directories with fsck.ocfs2]

Joel Becker Joel.Becker at oracle.com
Tue May 19 16:12:19 PDT 2009

On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 02:49:31PM +1000, Robin Garner wrote:
> I've tried mounting this (copy of the live) disk on a RHEL5 system, and
> fsck-ing it there (ocfs2-tools-1.4.1-1.el5): exactly the same thing
> happens.  Running with -v, the last few messages are

	If you run fsck on a mounted filesystem, you're almost
guaranteed to crash the machine that has it mounted when fsck changes
something.
	Hmm, did these 'duplicate block' messages show up before you ran
fsck against a mounted filesystem?

> # fsck.ocfs2 -V
> fsck.ocfs2 version information from Subversion:
>   $URL$
>   $Rev$
>
> someone needs to set an svn:keywords property :)

	Haha.  We're no longer in subversion.

Joel

--

Life's Little Instruction Book #314

	"Never underestimate the power of forgiveness."

Joel Becker
Principal Software Developer
Oracle
E-mail: joel.becker at oracle.com