[Ocfs2-users] CDSL status

Joel Becker Joel.Becker at oracle.com
Mon May 4 14:06:55 PDT 2009

On Mon, May 04, 2009 at 10:45:49PM +0200, Aurélien Minet wrote:
> I'm trying to get ocfs2cdsl working,
> the symlink looks created as ocfs2cdsl doesn't return an error
> but while trying to access the file the symlink can't be resolved.
>
> I found an old thread about that on this list, dated 15 Aug 2007, from which
> I understandthat CDSL feature isn't supported in the recent versions of ocfs2.
> So there is no chance to have this feature back a day or I have all wrong ?

	The mainline linux kernel developers have decided that CDSLs are
not something they will accept.  As such, ocfs2 in mainline does not
support them, and production ocfs2 1.4 and later do not either.
	The recommended solution from the kernel developers is bind
mounts.  You can set those up on your own system via startup scripts.

Joel

--

"The cynics are right nine times out of ten."
        - H. L. Mencken

Joel Becker
Principal Software Developer
Oracle