[Ocfs2-users] ocfs2 backup strategies

Uwe Schuerkamp uwe.schuerkamp at nionex.net
Fri Mar 13 07:19:06 PDT 2009

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 09:07:32AM -0500, Brian Kroth wrote:

> I think you could probably achieve something similar by taking the
> number of active nodes in the cluster down to 1 during your backup
> window, but that has it's own problems to be concerned with.  I think a
> simple umount /shared on all but that one would do it.
>
> Brian

Hi Brian,

thanks for your suggestion. The problem is though that unmounting the
filesystems would require shutdown of the application which has to be
up and running 24x7 (a major german ecommerce site), so this method is
out of the question in my case.

All the best,

Uwe

--
uwe.schuerkamp at nionex.net phone: [+49] 5242.91- 4740  fax:-9722
Hauptsitz: Avenwedder Str. 55, D-33311 Guetersloh, Germany