[Ocfs2-users] Memory allocation failed...

Bret Palsson bret at getjive.com
Mon Mar 9 08:17:41 PDT 2009

Below are the o2cb driver configuration and the tail of my cluster.conf.

Here is the error I get when trying to start my cluster:

[root at pbx_1 ~]# /etc/init.d/o2cb online
Starting O2CB cluster pbx: Failed
o2cb_ctl: Memory allocation failed while setting cluster name
Stopping O2CB cluster pbx: OK

I figure I am running out of memory (1GB!?) Maybe the driver is not
configured properly?

If you could help me out that would be great. Thanks

-Bret

[root at pbx_1 ~]# cat /etc/sysconfig/o2cb
#
# This is a configuration file for automatic startup of the O2CB
# driver.  It is generated by running /etc/init.d/o2cb configure.
# On Debian based systems the preferred method is running
# 'dpkg-reconfigure ocfs2-tools'.
#

# O2CB_ENABLED: 'true' means to load the driver on boot.
O2CB_ENABLED=true

# O2CB_STACK: The name of the cluster stack backing O2CB.
O2CB_STACK=o2cb

# O2CB_BOOTCLUSTER: If not empty, the name of a cluster to start.
O2CB_BOOTCLUSTER=pbx

# O2CB_HEARTBEAT_THRESHOLD: Iterations before a node is considered dead.
O2CB_HEARTBEAT_THRESHOLD=

# O2CB_IDLE_TIMEOUT_MS: Time in ms before a network connection is
considered dead.
O2CB_IDLE_TIMEOUT_MS=

# O2CB_KEEPALIVE_DELAY_MS: Max time in ms before a keepalive packet is
sent
O2CB_KEEPALIVE_DELAY_MS=

# O2CB_RECONNECT_DELAY_MS: Min time in ms between connection attempts
O2CB_RECONNECT_DELAY_MS=

[root at pbx_1 ~]# tail /etc/ocfs2/cluster.conf
	ip_port = 7777
	ip_address = 10.128.7.255
	number = 254
	name = pbx_255.c12.x.net