[Ocfs2-users] how do I remove ocfs2 orphaned files that are taking up diskspace ?

Jan Kara jack at ucw.cz
Mon Mar 2 08:24:30 PST 2009

> On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 07:08:00PM +0000, Tim Hughes wrote:
> > I am looking for a little help with some orphaned files that are taking up diskspace.
> >
> > I deleted a approximately 30 x 1GB mysql-bin-XXXXX.log files from a three node ocfs2 cluster. The files appeared removed from the filesystem but the results of a `df -h /var/lib/mysql` showed that no disk space has been cleared. A `du -sh /var/lib/mysql` on the other hand says that ~ 30GB was removed.
>
> 	Others have pointed you to 'fsck -f'.  What I want to know is
> whether you had any nodes die or killed while this filesystem was
> running?  Eg an 'xm destroy' of a vm that had the filesystem mounted.
> That sort of thing.
  I think this could be caused by a problem I've described in:
http://www.mail-archive.com/ocfs2-devel@oss.oracle.com/msg02886.html

  The question is what is the right fix for this race. I describe one
possibility in
http://www.mail-archive.com/ocfs2-devel@oss.oracle.com/msg02938.html
but I got no response so far and honestly it is a bit hacky solution.
  I can write the fix if people here agree that that's the way to go.

									Honza