[Ocfs2-users] Default Values of heartbeat dead threshold

Schmitter, Martin Martin.Schmitter at opitz-consulting.com
Fri Jun 5 05:24:04 PDT 2009

Hi Devender,

this is a very complex question.

Timeouts must be set in conjunction with your infrastructure.

What type of storage? What OCFS2 Version? Etc. The major problem is, to synchronies the timeouts with CRS timeouts to prevent different decisions. In fact, I am pretty sure, you won’t get a default value ore suggestion.

In general you have to do a lot of tests!

Good praxis for me:
Heartbeat dead threshold =  around 61
network idle timeout = around 70000
network keepalive delay in ms 5000
network reconnect delay in ms 5000

in a multipath environment with a virtual san.

As I already mentioned timeouts have to be set in conjunction with your infrastructure and san system. This can be totally different for your needs. Do not take OCFS2 with CRS easy. This is very difficult and make sure you are using the latest releases.

Everything without warranty! Good Luck

Regards

Martin