[Ocfs2-users] [Ocfs2-announce] OCFS2 1.4.2-1 and OCFS2 Tools 1.4.2-1 released

Brian Kroth bpkroth at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 11:38:51 PDT 2009

Sunil Mushran <sunil.mushran at oracle.com> 2009-06-16 16:38:
> LOOKING AHEAD
>
> We are aiming to release OCFS2 1.6 later this year. This release will
> include the features that we have worked on over the past year. These are:
>
> 1. Extended Attributes (unlimited number of attributes)
> 2. POSIX ACLs
> 3. Security Attributes
> 4. Metadata Checksums with ECC (inodes and directories are checksummed)
> 5. JBD2 Support
> 6. Indexed Directories (subdirs number increased from 32000 to 2147483647)
> 7. REFLINK (inode snapshotting)

Just looking over these as well:
http://kernelnewbies.org/Linux_2_6_29#head-2febaacb9f9bef03ee54da9a2b026fdea824a996
http://kernelnewbies.org/Linux_2_6_30#head-1a54a63244fb0d85375f8ecbe651cf94dac38c6c

For those of us wanting to play with the 2.6.30 kernel, does the new
ocfs2-tools release support any of these features?  In particular are
ACLs, extended attributes, indexed directories, or optimized inode
allocations supported by the tools?  Last I had heard they weren't quite
ready for some of those yet.

Thanks,
Brian