[Ocfs2-users] o2net_check_handshake ... advertised net

Sérgio Surkamp sergio at gruposinternet.com.br
Mon Jun 1 07:31:20 PDT 2009

Em Mon, 1 Jun 2009 15:39:15 +0200
Tomas Lavicky <tomas.lavicky at racom.eu> escreveu:

> Hi Sergio,
> thanks for an answer. Can I ask you for more explanation, please?
> Does it mean that if I want to mount ocfs2/drbd partitions
> concurrently I must use OCFS2 drivers compiled with the same version
> kernel on all nodes?

Dunno about drbd, but for OCFS2 that's right.

> And on the other hand - if I'd umount this
> partitions on non-upgraded node would I be able to mount them on
> upgraded one?

That's right too. You can mount the upgraded node version or the old
version node, but can't mount both in cluster mode (concurrently) due
to network protocol incompatibility, as it can change between releases.

The on-disk data structures don't change between releases, so its safe
to umount the volume with the old driver, mount with the newer driver,
test anything you want and rollback to the old, by umounting the new
and mounting the old, if you find some trouble.

At my job we have done it to change from version 1.2 to 1.4 and it was a
flawless and sweet upgrade.

Regards,
--
  .:''''':.
.:'        `     Sérgio Surkamp | Gerente de Rede
::    ........   sergio at gruposinternet.com.br
  `:,   ,.:'     *Grupos Internet S.A.*
    `: :'        R. Lauro Linhares, 2123 Torre B - Sala 201
     : :         Trindade - Florianópolis - SC
     :.'
     ::          +55 48 3234-4109
     :
     '           http://www.gruposinternet.com.br