[Ocfs2-users] problem compiling ocfs2-tools v 1.4.1 on RedHat el5

Kristiansen Morten Morten.Kristiansen at hn-ikt.no
Wed Jan 28 00:56:35 PST 2009

OK, the init.ora parameter ”filesystemio_options” set to ”setall” will do the same as /etc/fstab mount option “datavolume”. Meaning the data will be written directly to the disk, no diskbuffer is used.

On another system we have “filesystemio_options” set to “async”, data is written to diskbuffer, not direct to disks. But the /etc/fstab has mountoption “datavolume” on the database disks. So which of these two has precedence over the other? Is it the mount option or init.ora parameter that decides what will be done?

mk