[Ocfs2-users] ocfs2 mirror luns.

Gonçalo Neves gneves at sd.ist.utl.pt
Mon Jan 26 16:40:50 PST 2009

Hi all,

I'm trying to implement a Web server farm. All the farm nodes should
have the same information in directory /var/html/. My problem is the SAN
manager that wants luns redudancy. He expects the shared lun to be a
mirror of two luns, each one in different EVA.

Does OCFS supports mirror or should it be implemented with volume
manager (LVM)? Has anyone experienced problems without mirror in the
shared luns?

I've several UNIX machines doing mirror by software, but i think the use
of this two layers (OCFS and LVM) will bring a extra load to the
servers. If possible, give me some directions.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Gonçalo.