[Ocfs2-users] problem compiling ocfs2-tools v 1.4.1 on RedHat el5

Joel Becker Joel.Becker at oracle.com
Mon Jan 26 13:27:09 PST 2009

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 02:37:25PM +0100, Kristiansen Morten wrote:
> I have problem in compiling ocfs-tools v. 1.4.1 on RedHat el5. I haven't found any install instruction on how to compile it, but I guess one should run configure first. During configure I got this error:
>
> checking for pkg-config... /usr/bin/pkg-config
> checking for com_err... checking for com_err in -lcom_err... no
> configure: error: Unable to find com_err library
>
> I'm running this version of pkgconf:
> # rpm -qa|grep pkgconf
> pkgconfig-0.21-2.el5

	Sunil's comments about -odatavolume still hold, but let's answer
your original question.
	The problem is not pkgconfig.  As you can see,
/usr/bin/pkg-config is detected.  The problem is libcom_err, which is
part of e2fsprogs.  Because you are building the tools, you need the
e2fsprogs-devel package, which will provide /usr/lib/libcom_err.so and
/usr/lib/libcom_err.a.  So, install e2fsprogs-devel and this part of
./configure will succeed.

Joel

--

 Joel's First Law: