[Ocfs2-users] cluster member hangs during reboot

Sunil Mushran sunil.mushran at oracle.com
Tue Jan 6 11:50:00 PST 2009

ocfs2 tools has two init scripts, o2cb and ocfs2. The former starts the
cluster stack, the latter mounts the ocfs2 volumes listed in /etc/fstab.
These two scripts run back-to-back.

The scripts expect the network and block device to be ready by the
time they run. Sometimes that is not the case. In older rhel4 we had atleast
one network driver that required more time to initialize. In your case, I
suspect something similar issue with the block device.

Maybe experiment with the init script run order. As in, start with
delaying the ocfs2.init script.

Sunil