[Ocfs2-users] cluster member hangs during reboot

Joel Freeman jmfree733 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 6 07:17:14 PST 2009

Hi All,
I inherited a 4-node ocfs2 cluster and recently 2 ocfs2 filesystems were added to be use as temp tablespace. One of the four nodes rebooted during the  creation of the tablespace and hanged at the message below...and it just sits there. If I put the server into rescue mode and comment out all the filesystems it boots up fine and than I can mount the ocfs2 filesystem manuelly but it cannot do it by itself during reboot...

msg
"EMCPUT MODULE LOADED.
OCFS2 USER DLM KERNEL INTERFACE LOADED..."

The server is a HP Proliant DL580 running redhat linux AS 40 update 6

Any idea why this node cannot fully reboot and join the cluster?? Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks!