[Ocfs2-users] No space left on device

Joel Becker Joel.Becker at oracle.com
Sat Feb 28 18:13:12 PST 2009

On Sat, Feb 28, 2009 at 12:09:37PM +0000, Nuno Fernandes wrote:
> > 	That's rather odd.  What is the blocksize and cluster size of
> > this filesystem?  Can you send me the output of 'debugfs.ocfs2 -R "stat
> > /.zbr" /dev/hda3'?
> >
> > Joel
>
> Hi,
>
> Well.. we've deleted over 275 000 files and the problem disappeared... at
> least for now. We'll just have to wait for that amount of files to be added.

	I wanted to see what .zbr looked like, because my hunch was that
you were very fragmented and couldn't allocate enough contiguous space
to create more extent blocks.  Deleting files would perhaps have freed
some in-use extent blocks, thus making it work again.
	If you run into the problem again, we'll revisit.

Joel

--

"I don't know anything about music. In my line you don't have
 to."

Joel Becker
Principal Software Developer
Oracle