[Ocfs2-users] quota/acl support

Joel Becker Joel.Becker at oracle.com
Fri Feb 27 16:32:12 PST 2009

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 03:46:42PM -0600, Brian Kroth wrote:
> Attempting this again since I got a DSN earlier.

	Sorry about that, the mail servers were acting up.

> Brian Kroth <bpkroth at gmail.com> 2009-02-25 10:25:
> > I'm doing some research on the possibility of using OCFS2 to serve
> > users' home directories and other shared space.  I noticed that quota
> > and posix acl support was added in 2.6.29 but the tools are not there
> > yet.  When can we expect that?

	The tools for quota support are coming.  We're probably looking
at the second half of this year.  We have a number of new features
coming down the pipe.

> > Also, are the quotas implemented on a directory or volume level?

	Volume level, I believe.  They are pretty similar to ext3's
quotas.

Joel

--

Life's Little Instruction Book #232