[Ocfs2-users] how do I remove ocfs2 orphaned files that are taking up diskspace ?

Joel Becker Joel.Becker at oracle.com
Fri Feb 27 16:21:12 PST 2009

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 07:08:00PM +0000, Tim Hughes wrote:
> I am looking for a little help with some orphaned files that are taking up diskspace.
>
> I deleted a approximately 30 x 1GB mysql-bin-XXXXX.log files from a three node ocfs2 cluster. The files appeared removed from the filesystem but the results of a `df -h /var/lib/mysql` showed that no disk space has been cleared. A `du -sh /var/lib/mysql` on the other hand says that ~ 30GB was removed.

	Others have pointed you to 'fsck -f'.  What I want to know is
whether you had any nodes die or killed while this filesystem was
running?  Eg an 'xm destroy' of a vm that had the filesystem mounted.
That sort of thing.

Joel
--

Life's Little Instruction Book #407

	"Every once in a while, take the scenic route."

Joel Becker
Principal Software Developer
Oracle
E-mail: joel.becker at oracle.com