[Ocfs2-users] forcing ocfs2 NOT to reboot the server

Mehmet Can ÖNAL mconal at fintek.com.tr
Wed Feb 11 07:27:01 PST 2009

Hi everyone;

I want to ask you a question whether we can make ocfs2 services not to reboot server when a disk can not be accessed by that server. Can I set the importance level of a disk for ocfs2 that when one of the servers can not access low level important disk ocfs2 service only produces an alert for that not to restart the server. Can it be a mount option either?

PS: Result for doing that is a disaster scenario and our temporary system should work under these conditions. Two redo disks are written at the same time by a server but one of them is a mirror. So then the access mirror could be ignored, that reboot is costly fort he importance of that disk.

Thanx for your time