[Ocfs2-users] OCFS2 New features list and RHEL5 packages

Sunil Mushran sunil.mushran at oracle.com
Mon Dec 7 11:46:07 PST 2009

Wessel wrote:
> Looking at the New features list (http://oss.oracle.com/osswiki/OCFS2/NewFeaturesList) I've noticed that a lot of new features are marked as requiring a 2.6.2x or 2.6.3x kernel. As we're keen on using vendor-provided kernels I was wondering what features (namely noatime / nodiratime) would be included with ocfs2-2.6.18-164.6.1.el5-1.4.4-1.el5.x86_64.rpm.
>
> Strictly speaking this is a 2.6.18 kernel package, does this mean none of the features mentioned on http://oss.oracle.com/osswiki/OCFS2/NewFeaturesList which require a higher kernel will be available?

This page lists information based on mainline kernel. As in, when we add a
feature to ocfs2 in mainline, we add a note in this page. (New features are
always added first to mainline.)

The features in the enterprise editions of the file system for (RH)EL and
SLES kernels are documented in the user's guide. oss.oracle.com hosts
the user's guide for ocfs2 1.2 and 1.4. Novell has additional docs on their
site. See SLES11 HAE guide.

http://oss.oracle.com/projects/ocfs2/dist/documentation/v1.4/ocfs2-1_4-usersguide.pdf
http://www.novell.com/documentation/sles11/

noatime and nodiratime is supported in ocfs2 1.4 on all enterprise kernels.