[Ocfs2-users] git checkout on an ocfs2 filesystem

James Harrell james at emediasales.com
Mon Aug 31 21:18:29 PDT 2009

-- Warning - threadjack in progress. But I think it might be related. --

Interesting. Could this be similar to the case that I'm seeing with "no
space left on device"? Here's my uneducated assumption:
 - at this point I believe some form of I/O error or interrupt causes
ocfs2 to error out
 - the "remount read only" effect silently kicks in (no log message though)
 - now file operations return "no space left on device", but my device
is showing 2% use

The reasons I imagine a correlation between these two are:
Tao says:
 > The ERESTARTSYS may happen when we get interrupted from
ocfs2_cluster_lock.
 > I met with it when I rm -rf a very large dir and use "ctrl+c" to stop it
 > when I tested bug 1162.

There are also a fair number of posts over in the kernel lists talking
about qlogic driver issues (qla2xxx) relating to PCI MSI's causing hangs
under moderate I/O load.
eg: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/268242

The rm -rf  on a very large dir would do presumably do this. I also hit
this when I do a local rsync or untar of very large directory trees.
EMC also recommends the qlogic HBA be set to Interrupt after every I/O
completion. Could this cause a race condition?
All of these have interrupts in common. Think setting nointr as a mount
option would help here?

Best,
James